Tuesday, September 30, 2014

5 Fall Squash Recipes

One of my favorite things about the fall is the revival of squash recipes. I just love cooking squash of all kinds - it's delicious, nutritious, and certainly brings about the fall spirit. 

Today I would like to share 5 squash recipes that each require a different kind of squash - most people are familiar with butternut, acorn, and spaghetti squashes... but I would also like to include some of the not so familiar for cooking - pumpkin and buttercup. To get to the individual recipes, simply click on the photo to be redirected!

1. Twice Baked Butternut Squash - I LOVE butternut squash and this recipe looks simply amazing. A must try for the fall this year!


2. Roasted Winter Squash with Brown Butter and Sage - a fall squash classic!


 3. Lasagna-Stuffed Spaghetti Squash - this year will be my first time cooking a spaghetti squash... I am very excited to try it out!


4. Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup - I've never cooked with pumpkin before... but this sounds delicious! Coconut curry is already amazing and I'm sure the pumpkin adds a delicious touch to it!


5. Buttercup Squash Casserole - this recipe is essentially a squash-mashed potato type dish, but seasoned with sweetness (brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chives) = yum!


I've already got two of the five squash in my kitchen cupboard... can't wait to try all of these recipes this fall! What is your favorite squash recipe? How about most unique squash recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment